Christmas Markets on the Rhine
DATES: 2023 – AmaPrima: Dec 5*, 12, 19* AmaCerto: Nov 28* | Dec 5, 12*, 19 AmaSiena: Nov 30 | Dec 7*, 21* AmaLucia: Nov 30* | Dec 14*
2024 – AmaPrima: Dec 11* AmaCerto: Dec 7*, 14, 21* AmaSiena: Nov 28 | Dec 5*, 12, 19* AmaLucia: Nov 28* | Dec 5, 12*
DURATION: 8 DAYS/7 NIGHTS
EMBARK: Basel (B)
DISEMBARK: Amsterdam (A)
SHIPS: AMA PRIMA, AMA SIENA, AMA CERTO, AMA LUCIA
FROM: $2,499* + Port Charges *After Saving up to $1,000 per person
On our cruises, you will enjoy an extensive lineup of included tours. In many cases, you will have a choice of excursions, such as standard tours, bike tours, hikes and Special Interest Tours. We always include a large variety of activities so that you can choose how you want to explore. No matter your preference, your days will be full of discovery and wonder.
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Program with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All on board dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Dinner, Captain’s Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Port Charges
- Beverages other than those mentioned
- Gratuities to crew and Cruise Director – Suggested 15 Euros per guest, per day
- Items of personal nature, gift shop purchases
- Pre and post cruise extensions and hotels
- Travel Insurance
Add our optional five day/four night pre-cruise tour – two nights in Zurich, and two nights in Lucerne, with tours, ending at the ship in Basel.
Embark the ship in Basel. Tonight, meet your fellow passengers on board.
Visit the enchanting Alsatian town of Riquewihr beautifully dressed in her holiday finery with twinkling decorations and a lively Christmas Market. On your walking tour, admire historical architecture, as well as famous sights, such as the Dolder Gate. Alternatively, you may wish to go to Freiburg, founded in 1120, and home to Freiburg’s Münster, a Gothic cathedral constructed of red sandstone; you’ll also visit its enchanting Christmas Market.
Strasbourg is even more alluring during the season of Advent. The Christkindelsmärik dates back to 1570, making it the oldest Christmas Market in France. Enjoy a panoramic bus tour that takes you past the Parc de l’Orangerie, the European Parliament and the Place de la Republique. Afterwards, walk through the historic town center on the Grande Île, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and through the lovely “La Petite France” district, where you will see the Cathédrale de Nôtre Dame with its famous astronomical clock and then visit the town’s famous Christmas Market. You can also choose to explore Strasbourg’s different districts by bicycle. During the afternoon, visit Gengenbach Christmas Market where every year the locals countdown to Christmas with a 24-day, larger-than-life Advent calendar.
LUDWIGSHAFEN, GERMANY – RÜDESHEIM
You have the choice to explore two of Germany’s historically rich cities, along with their festive Christmas Markets. Visit Heidelberg, a city that will capture your heart with its mighty castle and historic university. While here, wander along one of Europe’s longest pedestrian shopping streets, the Hauptstrasse, soaking up the Yuletide celebrations at the town’s Christmas Markets. Alternatively, you can explore one of Germany’s oldest cities, Speyer, known for the largest Romanesque cathedral in Europe—a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You’ll also have time to visit its Christmas Market in front of the “Old Mint” (Alten Münze) in the famous Maximilianstrasse, with a view of the romantic imperial cathedral (Kaiserdom).
RÜDESHEIM – RHINE GORGE
Wine connoisseurs will want to go to a wine cellar for a wine tasting of the Rheingau Rieslings. Those who wish to soar high above the vineyards can take a gondola ride to the Niederwalddenkmal Statue. Or, for a more active adventure, join a guided bike tour through the town and along the Rhine River. During the afternoon, you can visit Siegfried’s Mechanical Music Museum, home to a remarkable collection of self-playing musical instruments; or taste one of the town’s special delights, Rüdesheimer coffee. You’ll also have plenty of time to enjoy Christmas traditions from all over the world at Rüdesheim Christmas Market. Later in the day, set sail along the scenic Rhine River Gorge with its fabled legends and many castles.
Join a guided tour through the enchanting Old Town. Explore the UNESCO-designated cathedral and then visit one of Europe’s largest and most renowned Christmas Markets located in front of the cathedral. Alternatively, ride a bike along the Rhine and through the historic Stadtgarten; or visit a local tavern to taste Cologne’s traditional Kölsch beer and Reibekuchen—potato pancakes served with apple sauce.
Begin your discovery of Amsterdam with a scenic canal cruise, followed by a walking tour to the Begijnhof, known for its historic Middle Ages building and concluding with a panoramic city tour that includes the Royal Palace and Westerkerk
DISEMBARKATION – DEPART AMSTERDAM
Bid Farewell to Amsterdam and prepare for your homeward flight. (B)
Inspired by classic ocean yachts, the AmaSerena introduced in 2015, provides a distinctive river cruise experience. Spacious, elegantly appointed staterooms range in size from 160-290 sq. ft. or indulge even more in one of the suites at 300 sq. ft. Most accommodations have twin balconies, both a French and outside balcony, so you can enjoy the ever-changing scenery however you wish. Additional stateroom amenities include Entertainment-On-Demand, featuring free high-speed Internet access, unlimited Wi-Fi, movies, music and English language TV stations; climate-controlled air conditioning; and an in-room safe. In the marble bathroom, enjoy multi-jet shower heads, soothing bath and body products, robes and hair dryers. Suites feature added enhancements, including a larger sitting area with sofa and two chairs, and an expansive bathroom complete with a bathtub and separate shower. The AmaSerena offers a host of added comforts and conveniences, including a massage and hair salon, gift shop and specialty coffee station. The stunning Main Lounge provides an exhilarating backdrop for meeting your fellow guests and enjoying nightly entertainment. As a member of La Chaine des Rotisseurs, the exclusive international culinary society, you’ll be treated to exquisite, locally-inspired cuisine always paired with unlimited wine, as well as beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner. You’ll also relish a variety of dining venues, including The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant, featuring an exquisite tasting menu prepared right before your eyes. With a walking track and heated swimming pool on the Sun Deck, a fitness room and a fleet of onboard bicycles to use on your own or on one of the many guided bike tours, as well as healthy menu choices, you’ll have everything needed to stay active and healthy while sailing Europe’s great rivers.
Built in: Netherlands
Length: 443 feet
Width: 38 feet